Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

Recovery Post Working Abuse: A short synopsis of 2017

Yesterday was the last day of 2017, the year I've dubbed the "year of the onslaught" as it began at the end of 2016 with a devastating situation in which a member of the extended family decided to tell me exactly what he thought of me as fact. Others became involved. A schism opened in the family which is still not healed with people believing things that are not necessarily true. Throughout the course of the year, other difficult things happened: flashbacks to other traumas caused by different scenarios, more verbal injuring onslaughts. It felt like I was continually striving to keep my head above water, to learn who I really am. 2017 is ending with a verbal onslaught when I was terminated from my volunteer job petting kitties at the Humane Society because I was bitten by one of their (feline) inhabitants. It turned out to be a brutal two against one situation and I've spent the last two weeks of 2017 regaining my balance, healing.
Yet ...
... I turned the corner at midnight and entered a new year; a new phase of my long, ongoing and sometimes difficult journey into recovery.
There is hope.

1 comment: